Benjamin Banneker Association Call for Nominations for the 2018 Board of Directors Election
Do you know someone who would bring valuable experience, perspective, and judgment to the Benjamin Banneker Association Board of Directors? We are looking for a broad representation of the Banneker membership to enrich board discussions, inquiries, and decisions. Help the Nominations and Elections Committee identify talented, energetic individuals who are interested in serving as leaders in The Benjamin Banneker Association!
To nominate yourself or a colleague, please complete and submit the Call for Nominations form to Latrenda Knighten, Chair of the Nominations and Elections Committee at email@example.com by March 1, 2018.
- President-Elect – Qualifications: A member to be eligible for the office of President-Elect must have been a voting member of The Association for at least two years and shall have served on the Board of Directors of The Association.
- Secretary – Qualifications: A member to be eligible for the Office of Secretary must have been a voting member of The Association for at least one year.
- Regional Directors – Qualifications: A member to be eligible for the position of Regional Director must have been a voting member of The Association for at least one year and must reside in the region at the time of nomination. Three Regional Directors are to be elected for the 2018 Election:
- West – Alaska, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington
- Southeast – Alabama, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Puerto Rico, South Carolina, Virginia, West Virginia, Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Caribbean Islands
- North Central – Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Wisconsin, Eastern Canada (Central and Eastern Time Zones)
Proposed Nominations and Elections Timeline:
|February 1, 2018||Nominations period opens|
|March 1, 2018||Nominee applications due|
|March 2 – 9, 2018||Committee reviews nominee applications, selects ballot and submits to BBA Board for approval|
|March 16 – April 16, 2018||Online Voting Period|
|April 16, 2018 (midnight)||Web voting closes|
|Week of April 23, 2018||Results announced at Annual Meeting|